- The first transport device similar to a bike was created in 1817 by the German baron Karl von Drais. Its design became known as draisine or dandy horse, but was quickly replaced with more advanced velocipede designs with pedal transmission.
- The bicycle began to be used several years after the first bicycles appeared on sale. Those first models were called velocipedes.
- The first bicycles were created in France, while the "modern" design originated in England.
- The inventors who first conceived modern bicycles were blacksmiths or craftsmen who made wagons.
- The first commercially sold bicycle, "Boneshaker", weighed 80 kg when it appeared for sale in 1868 in Paris.
- The mountain bike prototype was not developed until 1977.
- Air-filled tires were used on bicycles before being used on cars.
Cycling & Blogging: welcome on board, sei entrato nel Blog ufficiale dell'Alexander Bike Hotel di Gabicce Mare!